Sunday, June 8, 2008

Okay I am back...

I just completed my last entry on Friday for my online professor training. So now I will have to wait and see how I did. It was 4 weeks long and the past 3 weeks I have had favorable reviews, now I will say this last week was a Beast. So I hope its an overall assessment and my last exercise doesn't flush everything I have done down the toliet.

So what's been happening... (let's work back)

This weekend was perfect. The lazy azz in me could not have planned a better weekend. Today I got up and went to church, I actually stayed after and fellowshiped. I have decided Iam gonna go to Vacation Bible School and slowly move towards getting involved. I think this new found intererst was sparked by a conversation I had with an ole' classmate from college. I will get to that later. After church, I was a big girl and didn't take a nap, I did somethings around my house, mainly change clothes, eat, and sweep. So then it was off to bellydancing. Okay let me say this, I think I have an inner dancer that is just waiting to get out, but because I live a life of indifference and fear of failing I don't bother. I can remember being in Jr. High school and all the girls in 7th grade talked about all these dance lessons they were taking, Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Hip-Hop, Modern and how they were looking forward to trying out for cheerleading and dance team. I never even thought about these things, I did have friends at the rival jr. high school who had made cheerleading and I was practice in the yard with them, nothing serious though. I would just be there pretty much for a good laugh (I mean they laughing at me). So anyway we all try out that year and NOT AN EIGHTH Grader made it that year. So we all tried out for dance team and made it. Well anyway I was on the dance team and had never really dance in my life, but the routines were rather easy. hell when you don' t know what you're doing its all easy. I had never heard of Pas de bourrée, yet alone done it but when some body said "back-side-front" I had it. Well I made the "drill team" and it was on I started hanging out with a different group of people who exposed me to new and different things and one of those things were dance class. Yes I was the only black person, unless you count the hip-hop dance instructor with the purple contacts AJ. My mom enrolled me in Tap, Jazz, Ballet, Modern and Hip-Hop. I will say I was dancing with people who had been doing this since like 3 and I am was maybe 12 or 13. Well I got in and for some reason I started picking up things, shuffle step ball chain, leaps turns whatever, it was even to the point the owners told my mom I was a natural. Now I have to say though I had the moves I didn't have the technique. I also saw what "true" dancers were like and I just wasn't that serious about it. Okay I digress, I was talking about my bellydancing class. I went to my first class and it was fun, it was an hour and the time went by super fast. I even worked up a sweat, I have 5 more weeks of it and I am looking forward to that. So after bellydancing I came home and took a little nap, got up showered and went to a debutante tea. Now I never was a deb so I am not sure how this all works, but it was cool. I came home watch a movie and now I am here.

Saturday....was wonderful. I woke up around 11 am and played around on the computer. I did call a friend and tell her congrats on her new baby boy and said that I may come see her, but I didn't may do it this week she will be home. Now as I was on the Internet I get a message from an old classmate from college. This is his backstory....Aaron (not his real name) was one of the first people I met when I got to college, we were in a program together, I actually quit the program for some reason. Well anyway I met Aaron in the program the first week before classes started. He was from New Orleans and I thought his accent was cute, not to mention I found him attractive (but I had a boyfriend so it didn't matter). So some how discussion came up about this block party they were having across campus and he asked me if I were going. I don't remember my response, but some how I ended up going. I met some of his friends were from New Orleans and they gave me a hard time about being from Arkansas. College was a culture shock, I had not been at a school with some many people that looked like me. So we go to this block party and they are playing alot of local music, which was foreign to me. Well this one song came on by MC Nero "gota lotta respect" and he and his boys went crazy. Where I came from guys didn't really dance, but Aaron got down (that sounds so old), I just remember standing there in amazment. Well once classes got started we went our seperate ways. I think I did however end up being partners in a class with him, he came over to my dorm room (I think I was seeing somebody then) so we could work on a project. I remeber saying as we were working on this project, ugh you may want to find another partner, cause I am dropping this class. I remeber him trying to conveince me not to but it didn't happen. . Well anyway we graduated and NOTHING...until yesterday. I get an IM from him asking me whats up and we make small talk, he tells me he is in another country but lives in Maryland and then he tells me that he had a crush on me in college. I am like WOW. He then tells me how I got high society and seem to relish in the college life. I then questions me about a guy I dated and a guy I occupied time with while in college. When I tell you we talked the entire day we talked the entire day. We talked about everything. Well one of the things we talked about is my indifference to alot of things. IT WAS GREAT!!! Catching up and what not. Not sure if we will even talk again but it was great to just talk to someone about randomness. He did say one thing that will stick with me he said I had a "dynamic personality". Now I have been called alot of things crazy, wild, unpredictable, bitch, mean, insensitive, but this for some reason stuck with me.

Friday was okay. I went to work and left early. I did have an interesting trial. I had a woman accused of beating her boyfriend with a fan belt. Well she got on the stand and admited having had something to drink and not sleeping prior to coming to court. That was after should told me about her drinking and mixing prescription drug. So after that I went back to my office (oh she was found guilty of battery and disturbing the peace by intoxication) did a little work and went home and finished up my online training and went to sleep. I got up and washed clothes and caught up on Hereos until like 4:30 a.m.

I finally got to see the lost episode of the bondocks..it was great.
Okay, I guess I will go to bed now. I will have more catching up to do.

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I wish I knew who this Aaron was.. But I do remember that song! Ah, to be a freshman again.. I'd kill to be back in freshman year.

Freespeech22 said...

Let's see how this "date" goes, if it goes. Oh if I would only go back if I could take all my knowledge with me, else I would pass cause I was pretty young, dumb and naive. But if I knew then what I know now, oh I would go back in a heart beat.....