Friday, June 20, 2008

Float Test

Okay this was a new concept to me until last night. I was talking to my best friend, yeah the secret agent. She was telling me how "stinky little boy" was ready for the FLOAT TEST and she was all excited. Okay think back to the days when I was a guppy and taking swimming lessons, all that entailed was getting in the pool and having your instructor help you lay on your back and you float. But obviously things have changed and they are training swimmers for the revolution...She proceeds to tell me about the NEW float test. What happens is they just throw your child in the pool, street clothes and all, they ask that you dress them in real shoes no flip flops and swim shoes, pretty much what ever they would wear to school. Once your child is thrown into the pool he must either float for five minutes or swim to the edge. WTF???? I don't know any adults that would take kindly to this test, yet alone a 3 year old. If you all ever met "stinky little boy" you would understand why I am concerned, he is gonna be full of attitude but then again he may surprise me, I hope it does well. Oh did I mention that the have to do this for 3 consecutive classes and they ask that each time your child is dressed in MORE clothes then the last time.

Well anyway that made me think, maybe I should implement the float test in my life. I mentioned to TV Junkie today about my "date" and her advise was don't worry about, don't think about the day of if nothing has been decided I have a plan. But no more talk, no more thoughts, no more stressing and no more worrying. It is what it is.

Okay I am suppose to be cleaning up and I done my room and my bathroom. I have the living room, front room and kitchen left I am moving so slow. I have another eventless weekend planned. I am thinking I will finish cleaning up, maybe pop in a movie and read some police reports. Saturday I think I will try and get up in the morning and finally make it to the market its like a block over and I haven't been since the day I moved into my apartment (yeah like March), pop in a couple of movies, read some police reports and get ready for church. Sunday go to church, then belly dancing, then wash my hair finish up my movie (yeah i got the max 7) and finish up my police reports and make sure I am ready for the week.

I have another blog that came to mind so I am gonna end this one and try to squeeze this one out.

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

You clean up more than anybody I know.. LOL

Freespeech22 said...

I probably talk about it more than I actually do it...I will start and get lazy/distracted and then it rolls over to the next time. Like right not I need to sweep and wash clothes..the sweeping maybe tommorrow and the washing next week....