Monday, June 30, 2008

I deserve whatever I get...

I think I have spoken about a friend of mines, Looks good in black brown and earth tones. Well one night we were talking and I was telling him about my Misadventures at the club and this particular character I met. Well the guy was a complete loser, and I was completely bored. So I am going on about this loser with no redeeming characteristics and "...Earth tones" tells me, you know what you deserve whatever you get. It was harsh but true. So I say all that to say when dealing with my friends, and I use that term loosely, the same theory applies. I deserve whatever I get, why cause I know them and nothing they do should surprise me.

Well this weekend is no exception. One of my college roommates came to town for the weekend. Okay back story: The summer after my second year in college I went to summer school. I didn't have a particular roommate assign, so it was pretty much the luck of the draw. Well my draw was some random white chick. I have nothing against white people, but I didn't know this girl from Sam. Well anyway a friend of mines was in summer school too and she didn't have a roommate. So I switched rooms. Well my aunt went up with me and met her and what not. Well before she left she told me its something about her I don't trust. I said okay cause I have known her for a 2 years now she is cool. Well s0 we are roommates. Her normal roommate was the sweetest girl every and she was from the port city, the reason they weren't roommates was because she was in a summer program. I don't really remember when the craziness started but all i know it was alive and well that summer. (1) now anyone who knows me knows I am not really interested in being cold, i just like to be comfortable, now in south Louisiana it gets hot, well it would be like 90 degrees inside and i would come back to the room and the thermostat would be on like 90, now who in the hell wants to come in from hot ass outside to a hot ass dorm room. I mentioned this to her and her was response was i don't like to be cold i am thinking its cooler outside than in the room and i know you're crazy ass ain't gonna sit outside. (2) she would shower at night and get fully dressed (daisy dukes, tank top and all) and go straight to bed. (3) one day she told me to tell everyone that called that she was dead, my response was okay even your mother, she said no don't tell her that, I don't her I need her to make up her mind either she was dead or not, I ain't telling some people you dead and others you're not, I need some consistency, well that didn't make her to happy, so she locked herself in the closet. By this point I thought this shit was just funny. (4) in the middle of summer she would get dressed to go out and but on some damn crush velvet pants (5) so this was the clincher...one Saturday, I come in from studying and she tells me that she is having company over and he is bringing a friend, i am like okay whatever, I will be nice. Now needless to say I have been studying all day, I look a hot mess but i am like whatever i am gonna be a roommate/friend. So I go down the hall for something and come back and she is wrapped in a towel and says they are downstairs will you go meet them, I am about to hop in the shower. I am like okay whatever. So i go downstairs and introduce myself as her roommate and say she just got out of the shower so I am here to entertain you until she gets here. WE laugh and joke, cause they are like what is she doing, I am like hell if i know. I just came back from the lab and she told me we were having company. So we sit downstairs and laugh and talk and get to know. I find out she just met this guy last night at the club, and he doesn't really know her. Well she finally comes down, all dressed to impress, I am think "Ain't this some shit" and so we start cracking jokes about how she's making a grand entrance and stuff and got me out here looking like bo bo the fool. Hair done, make up, daisy dukes, cute shirt, the whole nine. So we sit down stairs and talk well the 2 guys and I laugh and joke and what not, she just sits there and laughs loudly here and there. Well so the night draws to an end and they are like we are have a party at my house you guys want to come, so they give us the number and info and they leave. Well prior to this one of my ls call and ask if I want to go out. I tell her yeah but I have to meet these guys with my roommate and when they leave I will call her so we can go out. So when they mention pool party I am just being polite knowing full well, I ain't getting no swimsuit and I ain't coming to your house. So the guys leave and we go back to our room. So I start getting dressed to out out with my line sisters and she says something what are you wearing, I tell I don't know I am about to call my ls and see where we are going and then decide. She then says you aren't going to the pool party, I almost bust out laughing and say ugh no, those are your friends and you didn't seem to be in to them, why you wanna go. and she says YES!!! I am like fine I will call my LS and tell them to go without me. So I call my LS and she just laughs and says okay. So we go to the pool party. We get there and there are like 2 other chicks there and a couple of dudes. I am like oh we ain't gonna be here long. Well so we sit down and the chicks offer us something to drink. We decline the alcohol. So I started asking questions (to try to break the ice) come to find out one of the girls is the guy's (the one that was for my roommate) sister and the other girl was her best friend. Then they say the went to LSU and pledge AKA, which my roommate was. Now this silly broad. So they are asking her questions about advisors and programs and what not and she is like really cold and borderline rude to them. So I am still trying to ease the tension and chit chat with them. So then another girl comes in and she is my soror I see her she sees me and we just hug and greet and what not. (that's what you suppose to do when you meet a sorror, especially one from your chapter) She is like what are you doing here, I tell her my roommate met this guy and he invited her over and I just came with her. She was like are you drinking I was like know and she is like I AM and proceeds to the blender to whip up something. Well by this time the dude comes in and says ya'll wanna come outside, we are like okay. So we go outside with them and there friends and laugh and joke and what not. Well at some point the girls come out and start talking to my roommate and my soror starts talking to me. So I am headed over to them and my soror stops me and is like you don't want to go over there. Well they leave and she comes back and we hang out "ALL NITE" well afterwards we leave and I am thinking she is so not into this guy, whatever cause I got some digits out of this. So we leave and go to Krispy Kreme and come home. Well the next morning we get up for church and she is really salty with me. We go to church and she is acting a plum fool. So we get back and I am like I don't know what the hell is wrong with you, but i don't do crazy and I am moving out TODAY!! I go to the Dorm Director and like I need out this bitch is crazy and I am afraid to sleep in the same room. So they find me a new room and by the time I get back she is on the phone and says here. I am looking at her like who the fuck is this.....It's her mom, she says roommate says you all are having some problems, I say no mama they have been resolved. I am moving out and they have found me a new room. She is like what is going on so I tell her about what her crazy daughter is doing. the tell everyone I'm dead, the turning the room into a hot box and what not. I even tell her about the night before how I canceled my plans to go with her to some random dudes house only to have her embarrass me but being rude, cold and stank. and her mother's response was "she said those girls were very nice to her" I said well when we first got there she was rude and cold to them (mind you in her house) and the girls did everything to make us feel welcome and so i guess they just had enough. I said and she has been acting crazy with me ever since, I said I didn't even want to go I had something planned already. This was her ideal and her ideal to stay all night. and this was when i knew her mother was crazy. "she says well she has been around white people all her life" and she's anaemic. WTF????? I said yes mama. then she says I wish you would rethink moving out, I will talk to her and you all want have anymore problems. So I stayed an we didn't have any other problems.

So fast forward to this weekend. I get a random instant message from her saying I will be in Capitol City, can I stay with you. I am like okay when are you coming. She was like I don't know I will let you know. So I tell her I don't have any thing plan, except Sat. I have a hair appt. at 8:30 and 3+ weeks of clothes to wash and Sunday I have church and belly dancing. So she says she is coming Saturday. I am like cool, i have to work late Friday, that will give me time to get a nap clean up and get some laundry done. Well on Thursday she im's me and says she is coming Friday. I am like ugh okay. She is like is that a problem, I'm like no I just haven't cleaned up and or anything. She was like don't worry about that. So Friday comes and i get off work. i call her around 5:30 to see what time she is coming. So I change clothes grab a snack and my neighbor comes over and invites me to a jazz concert at the university. I tell her that my friend is coming but I don't know why, but if she hasn't called by the time we leave o well... so i hope online to see if i could find out anything about this concert, I don't want to be completely stupid and low and behold its sold out. So I go over and tell her that its sold out and see what she wants to do. I get there and she is talking with another neighbor and is like lets go out to eat. So that what we do. So we drive all over town to find a place to eat only to end up at Copeland's. Well then i get home about 10 pm and she calls and says she is on her way and needs directions. So I give them to her and then she calls me back about 30 mins later and says she got a little distracted and she would be on her way later. I tell her to call me so i can let her in. So i am half sleeping waking up every other hour scared i missed her call, so i finally get up at 5:30 and go on to my hair appt. for 8:30. I don't hear back from her until 11 am damn near 12 hours later.

1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

I did not remember you two being roommates.. But yep, you definitely deserve this b/c she's nuts! And you forgot to mention all the "repping" she was doign.. LOL