Thursday, October 25, 2007

White Boots and open Toe Suede shoes???????

Okay the last time we talked I was debating what to do for my mentally defective client, well I decided to go for it, so I just finished my "motions" and what not on his behalf. I took it to my secretary and told her I needed it filed. Now when I walked over there she was reading a magazine and she says, can I file it tomorrow. I say yes cause its really not due until Monday but I wanted the judge to get it so he could (not that he would) look it over the weekend. I GROWL.

I have a question for all the fashionistas out there: something that has always bugged me was white boots and open toe suede (or any other winter material) shoes. I also don't understand "winter shorts" but you don't see people doing that to often. I am I just crazy or what?

I met with one of the attorneys I talked about who wanted me to help her with some of her Personal Injury work. I went to talk to her and she is walking me through a file and what not, so I ask her about payment for my services. Now I will be the first to admit that I am not sure of my worth, but when she said half I bout fell out of my chair. Let's say she get a settlement for $10,000 and she takes 30%, which would be about $3,000 I would get $1,500. Ballin' out of control......am I selling myself cheap, we will see we are getting together Saturday to work on a few files that need to be done by December (no whammies no whammies----Christmas $$$$$$)

What else.....I need to finish my series on Fear of men but I just don't feel like it.

The great State has some new elected officials, some I voted for, some I didn't some I couldn't and wouldn't but I am happy to say the number of commercials on TV will dramatically decrease, cause I am so sick of those damn commercial. Some dude (usually old white man) with a dress shirt on, sleeves rolled up, having mindless chit chat (we are to believe his leading) with an attentive audience and then they roll the fluff. "He will change things, he will make a difference, blah blah blah"" Like anyone is gonna say I am running for XYZ cause I hate my current job, I think the current XYZ is an idiot, I am gonna give perks to all my friends and supports and have a complicated matrix-like phone system so I can never hear your concerns (like I was gonna do anything anyway) SO VOTE FOR ME.....

What else.....I guess that's it cause I have gotten Bridal Shower invite and a Baby Shower invite and I need to stalk there registry to see what they have the I am gonna by.
QUESTION: The bridal shower I am invited to is themed "Around the Clock" and each person has a different time, my time is 7:00 p.m and we are suppose to bring something that the bride can use during that time I was thinking that was dinner time so I was gonna look for something for the kitchen. Any thoughts on anything else?

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I am one of those culprits who have bought some suede peep toe shoes. They are chocolate brown and this season, opaque tights are hot. SO I'm buying opaque tights in the same color and we will rock them and well, I'll be happy and fashionable... I can't even comment on white boots b./c I'd never buy them.
Oh and I saw you guys have a new governor.. Let's see what gets done now.
Oh and I used to work with a plaintiff's atty and he would split also. The good thing is though that your partner will pay the expenses up front, so you won't be losing out. Just make sure you keep up wiht income for tax purposes.

Anonymous said...

I don't do white shoes at all.