Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Oh what shall I do.....

Things have been kinda......I don't know interesting? My weekend was pretty boring, I spent it getting ready for Jury Trials, which of course none of them went. Just day I kinda felt like a real lawyer...what do I mean, some days I feel like I just show up and stuff happens and other days I don't know. Well I got a sex offender a sweet deal, now before you go and get all up in arms about how could I represent a sex offender. Let me say what I was representing him on was his failure to register. Here S.O have to register for 10 years with the city, parish and state and my guy only registered with the state and had registered with the parish (not sure if he had to register with the city cause not sure if he lived within the limits) since 99'. Now he hasn't gotten in any more trouble or anything like that. The state was trying to give him a minimum of 2 years and I just thought that was ridiculous this man was on probation during some of the time he was to register and nobody said anything now 7 years later its a problem. Seriously???? I hate when the STATE tries to screw people over for there on personal reasons. Well anyway I got him a misdemeanor and probation.

Now right now I am dealing with something that I don't know what to do.....how do you do the right thing and the right thing. I have a guy who needs to be released from custody but I know he may pose a danger to society. But the reason he should get released is because the STATE was fucking around and didn't do there job....(to busy trying to prosecute silly shit)So I don't know what to do. Actually I do but I just don't want this ass hole showing up at my door in a couple of days.....

Its been pretty slow around these parts I am trying to get back on track with things and all. I am getting ready to buy a new car and Christmas shop. (I hate spending money...I growl).

I hope all is going well for everyone. I am gonna head home its getting cold down here and I kinda want some hot cocoa.

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

I'm sure you are going to face many ethical dilemnas in your profession. You went to law school and agreed to represent clients to the best of your ability. That may conflict with your opinion of your client and that's fine. But your first obligation is to do your job and do it well. Don't worry about him harming you b/c you are protected by God that is. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

This post reminder me of last night's episode of Law & Order:SVU. The doctor was teaching others how to perform stress relating techniques during interrogations. But as a doctor she knew the techniques could cause harm even death. The doctor said in her defense she was helping out our country with getting tourists to talk. Another doctor was upset with her b/c she felt she didn't live up to the oath she took to help serve others.

As Serenity said you represent your clients to the best of your ability. Yeah I'm sure you may be get conflicted at times but it's your job to represent your clients fairly.