Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Damn it I am sick......

I hate being sick.....I am a big baby and my mother isn't for that nurturing shit. My mother and I are car pooling right now and I get in the car and announce I am sick and she proceeds to tell me why. She believes its because I don't slow down. Her theory--- if I would get up in the morning a bet earlier (yeah right) and get in the shower and once I get out take some time to cool off and get dressed and then got to the car I wouldn't be getting sick. Cause in the morning I jump out of bad (usually cause I have over slept) hope in the shower, put on my clothes and then run to the car. By the time I get to the car i am on fire (i usually have sweat running down my face and/or back) then I get to work walk fast to the office pick up my files run to the courthouse and if i am feeling good take 2 flights of stairs and then sit down (once again I am on fire sweat running down my back and on my face) depending on what rocket scientist in working the thermostat the heat may be on or the air or nothing. I finally cool off then back to the office.
Well so I colleague is talking to me and I announce I am sick (damn can I get some nurturing around her) she is like what is wrong with you you been sick a lot.....I tell her my mom's theory and she says I told you to slow your ass down.... you need to stop and smell the rose (WTF) who has time to do that. She says I need to just slow down and not get so worked up when things don't go my way (once again WTF). I am gonna wear myself out trying to keep this pace.

I will admit i am somewhat an extreme person, only because I don't have a balance I give 100% until I am burnt out and hopefully that carries me over my burn out period and then it starts all over again.

Random---today a private attorney approached me about coming and working for her. Now I had just decided I was not going to look for another job because I was gonna start applying for school. When I came to my job I had a 3 year plan i was going to practice for 3 years walk away with 40% of my retirement and go back and get my LLM. I wanted to start applying November/December so that in the event I get rejected I would have another year to apply and if I got accepted I could possible defer my admission for a year. So I will have to pray and think about it. any thoughts?????

1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

I like the idea of more experience in private practice, however I'd say you need to look inside and find out waht your dream job is and then make your plans from there.