Tuesday, October 2, 2007

3 things I love.....

Okay I am trying to get caught up and get it together and as I sit here and type I think I may be getting sick...Damn, I hate getting sick.

Okay so Serenity calls me out and wants to know 3 things I like/love. Let's see: (1) sleep (2) history (3) movies and (4) music. Okay I know that's four but I figured sleep would not be acceptable.


SLEEP
I am sure you are wondering how do you love sleeping, I don't know I just do. When I was in high school I functioned on 10 hours of sleep. Well needless to say that changed once I got to college, but that's when I was introduced to power naps. My only serious relationship in college one of my favorite things to do with my boyfriend was take naps, hell he would have to TV on watching who knows what and I would just snuggle up under him and go to sleep. Hell I thought that was quality time and if he started talking to me I would get so irritated that he would be talking it was bad enough he had the TV on. When I was in law school I live about 15 minutes from school and was notorious for going home when we had a 2+ hour break, eating lunch or working out showering and taking a 30-45 min. power nap. Even now I will leave work and go take a nap. It truly brings me joy to know I can fit a nap in my day. When I am stressed out or frustrated a nap is all I need.

HISTORY
I am a true history dork. I love historical stuff. When I lived in Baton Rouge I stayed downtown in the building that was part of the Historical Registry, there would be times I would walk downtown and read all the signs and stuff. I loved the History channel, now why didn't I major in History in college cause it was in the Arts& Science college and I didn't want to take a foreign language. One of my favorite spots in Baton Rouge was Redemption Fountain. It was downtown across the street from the river and it marked the place where they put criminals on display for the public. I have this personal fascination with Mississippi and my friends think it so crazy. I really wish I could take a year off and just tour the state and research and learn so much. The Plantation homes and antebellum architect. Oh I could go on. I love historical stuff. I just find it fascinating. I am trying to convince my road dog for our 30th birthday that we go to Boston. Oh the history there.

MOVIES
Okay, I love movies anything but horror. I don't do scary movies and I would rather do them at home. I am not a fan of going to the theater cause its just to much going on, babies, couples vernacular tradition (especially if its a black movie). One of the last movies I saw in the theater was Transformers and oh that was made for the big screen would have missed out on so much watching it at home. I love action, historical (of course) and independent. I love movies that provoke thought. Movies are a visual escape from my reality. Movie time is happy time whether its sad or not. Last night I watched Notes on a Scandal with Judi Dench and Cate Blanchet, I found it to be EXCELLENT.

MUSIC
I am love all genres except screw. I have everything from country (Dixie chicks) to alternative (Cree summer, yeah the chick from different world). I love to purchase a new cd and read the lyrics and the liner notes see who wrote the song, who produced the song and if any samples are used, actually I try to guess and see if I can name the tune. My last CD purchases where (actually Friday) Jill Scott (EXCELLENT) and Chrisette Michelle (GOOD, she is still growing on me and I haven't being giving her a fair chance cause I have been listening to Jill on continuous play.) My dad use to be a DJ and we have all kinds of albums in the house GAP band, shalamar, peter frampton, you name it, if it was a hit in the late 70's early to mid 80's we got the LP. Music sometimes provides the words on how I feel about somethings. I am never short for words but occasionally when it comes to my feeling/emotions I am MUTE. So when I hear Indie.Aire or Jill Scott or Pharcyde or Black Eye Peas (before Fergie) I am like yeah that's it. I am actually gonna start picking up some old school like George Benson and George Duke, Quincy Jones.

Okay well I must run off to the jail to visit my clients and then I have a Eye Dr. appt. and then maybe a trip to Nachtochies to take my cousin back to school.

Take care

1 comment:

Serenity3-0 said...

Yeah! You did it.. Ok, How about my memory on history but it is short. And my minor was history.. Crazy huh? I wanted to major in it hwoever the idea of all that french didn't sit well wtih me. So journalism it was. I love Shalamar as well and I'm trying not to buy Jill b/c she's not in the budget.. :(