Thursday, November 20, 2008

When being good is bad....

I am come to realized the gooder (yes I said gooder) you are at something the badder things get. What do I mean? Yesterday, I was at work doing my job and what not. I get an email from my boss who got an email from his boss. The email was informing me that I would be handle our new illegal sign enforcement. You know those random signs you see on the street corner, not just the campaign ones but the ones for daycare, nail shops, tree trimmers, etc. Well apparently they are illegal, haven't read the ordinance on it but will as soon as somebody gets it for me. This may sound cool and excited and half me is excited. However, I am tired. Right now I am in court 5 out of 5 days, on Wednesday I am expected to be in the office until 5:00 p.m. answering calls and addressing people who just walk in, on a rotation of Fridays (like every 4th Friday) I am expected to do this as well, in addition I am have to bill (charge people after reading police reports) 100 cases per week, now I am going to be in charge of new enforcement of these signs. I can just hear the assholes calling me now. I am excited that they trust me to give me more responsibility but shit I am tired. Right now we are one full-time attorney short (and rumor has it that it may not be until January, cause they are waiting for this girl---if that is true all i got to say is this bitch better be spectacular when she gets here), one part-time attorney short, and as of next Tuesday 3 support persons short. So needless to say we are stretched. I want even start talking about the characters that are there (not all of them are bad).
So to add to this my supervisor says to me I mention to the boss that your appeals brief was really good. Oh if they put another appeal on my desk you all may see smoke. Now let me say I love being good at what I do, however I want to be compensated and I want everyone else to be held accountable for there work. Now I know that sounds crazy, because i know these same people will bitch about me not being to work timely--consistently. But if my boss laid the law down and said Freespeech22 you need to get to work at XX time I would be on top of it, but until then I will get there when I get there, with my goal being to beat the judge on the bench. So to some it all up I LOVE MY JOB, just hate the bull shit.

No comments: