Monday, November 10, 2008

I really need to be sleep...

So I am sitting here doing absolutely nothing and I should be sleep because tomorrow I am off and I really need to be productive, but I have a few things on my mind.

The first thing is the number of things I need to accomplish tomorrow: I have a shit load of laundry to do, then clean up then pack, cause I am doing an overnight in Houston Thursday-Friday for Delta. I need to get my oil changed and my car serviced. I need to go to Wal-mart and pick up some drugs. I need to do some billing for work so I want be behind. Plus I need to rest. I know funny.

Well lets talk about my visit to my doctor. A couple of months ago, like July I went to the Dr. for a check up and just maintenance on the body. My doctor was concerned about my resting insulin level. Well I was placed on medication, told to exercise 30 minutes 3 days a week, reduce my caloric intake to 1500 calories a day. Well I took the medication, changed my eating habits (cooking more, drinking more water, minimizing the fried foods, no "prepared meals"), and well the exercising didn't really make the cut. So I went today for my check up and well I lost 5lbs. my resting insulin level is down about 3 points (Good) so I have been moved to the generic brand of my prescription (cause brand was like $45) and generic is like $10 (so I am told) and I will be on it until February. I think I am going to extend my no alcohol until February and if I do well I will be ready for Mardi Gras drinks in hand. So I am pretty excited, maybe I will exercise (don't hold your breath)

I completed my training and have been asked to be apart of faculty with the University of Phoenix-Axia College. I will be teaching Criminal Procedure for individuals seeking there associate degree. I have already signed up for my "1st Class), it suppose to start 12/15 and go until 3/1/09 with 2 weeks off for the holidays. Hopefully this time I will manage my time a bit better.

And lastly on my mind MEN!!! But before I get to that let me tell a story. I had this advisor in college who had this cat. My advisor did a moderate amount of travel and would have to leave her cat at times, but every time she (my advisor) would return the cat would act all crazy. She went to the vet to find out what was the deal with her cat. The vet told her that when she would leave for and extended (a couple of days) period of time the cat would go into mourning and then when she would show back up the cat would be a bit confused because she (the cat) thought my advisor was dead and now she had to readjust to her being there.
I tell that to say I think I am this cat when it comes to men. I don't do men, I don't date, I am pretty much a loner/homebody. So when there is a man in my life (in whatever capacity) and he goes away (for whatever reason) and then returns I get all crazy. Example- I met this guy (Lover Boy) about a week or two ago, and we saw each other for a couple of days straight, then we both got busy and I haven't seen him since Wednesday (it's Monday) we have talked and texted each other, he has now gone to Atlanta, with him being gone and not ever present I feel like I am getting a little crazy. As you all may remember I told you all I have abandonment issues, so when people are gone for any period of time I kinda freak out. I start getting a little self conscious, thinking did I do some or say something wrong, are they coming back, have they found my replacement before I found there's and the list goes on. LoverBoy has joked (at least I think he is joking) about staying and not coming back. My response in my controlled crazy state was I would understand, I would miss you and then I would get over it. I must say I don't like the thought of that, not becuase I am in love with him or anything. I just hate people leaving. Crazy I know but hey its my blog and i can be crazy if I want. I will say this, at least I know it sounds crazy.

Random thought: is it wrong that I have no desire to be near D.C. for inauguration, that I would rather watch it on TV? Speaking of TV I got my converter coupon, no I don't have cable, we are in a recession and I need to watch my expenses and attempt to save some money.

1 comment:

Not so Anonymous said...

I don't blame you about the cable. I turned my cable off about 4 years ago and didn't get it again until I moved to Cali 4 months ago. I'm still wondering why I did it.

Oohh...Loverboy? Can't wait to read more about him! At least you know you have your issues, that's the first step in working through it :)

And, congrats on the faculty position!