Sunday, November 2, 2008

Okay so I am back....

Oh my goodness, so much has happened since we last spoke. A hurricane, I finished my class, people have quit at my job, o so much.

Let see right now I am sitting in my house listening to the men on the roof sing Spanish songs and they bang and hammer and staple (sounds like they have a huge staple gun). I have a meeting with undergraduate chapter that I have been recruited to advise. They keep me relevant. It's never a dull moment with them.

After that I guess I will come on and get ready for work and watch my movie. My college roomate is here for the weekend. It has been pretty uneventful, but I will tell you about it.

Okay lets go back to Tuesday of this week, I had a revelation...I think I have lost my MOJO. My life is pretty boring and the ability to charm/flirt/hell garner any attention from a man has pretty much gone to the dogs. So I call my BFF and she is not available then I call my road dawg and she is like WHAT, are you okay, do I have to make a flight down and we have a HO intervention.

Okay let me put a disclaimer on the rest of the conversation...I know its going to be hard not to get the wrong impression by some of these statements, please don't judge or ask questions. My friends and I have a strange way of expressing ourselves and you just have to be there to undersgtand. I will try to help you but I promise it is not as bad as it sounds.

I tell her no I will be okay, I finish grading final exams for my class and get those submitted on Thursday. I was pretty much stressed about getting them in before Halloween cause I didn' t want any delays in my money... PAY ME WHAT YOU OWE ME!!!! Well anyway I finish them Thursday nite and I am so excited. I decide for the supper club/halloween party I was gonna make pumpkin bars. So Friday I go to work and then have lunch with a classmate and afterwards venture to Wal-mart and buy ingredients and supplys for this. Afterwards I slave in the kitchen baking my heart out. I then meet up with my neighbor and we go to the "party". The events that followed I want blog about just know that in the course of the evening, I eat, take a nap, meet a man, witness a fight, get dropped in the middle of the street, witness a car accident, observed crazy white people dancin in nothing but suspenders and boxers to a moving grocery cart that plays music and I don't get home until 8 a.m. What a night?????

Needless to say Saturday was more lazy than normal.

I guess I will stop there for now, I am sure I will have more to type about later.

No comments: