Thursday, November 20, 2008

Is this a second chance to get it right?

Okay let me say I think boy toy is going to be retired, I will be deleting him from my phone and moving him to my electronic black book. With that I think I may have a new character in my life.
We will call him....Dr. Q, not really original at all. Okay Dr. Q and I met like my freshman year in college, he was taking classes at LSU as well as SU. He worked at LSU and asked me for my number and I gave it to him. Well we talked for a while, I remember him coming to visit me in my dorm and he was so NY undercover, not actually but he had just moved here from Connecticut and he rocked the timbs and what not. He was supper nice but I don't recall why I stopped talking to him, but we did. He says that I blew him off, which is possible but I don't recall. Well over the past years he says he has seen me, while I was in law school and at church. I remember seeing his sister, but I don't recall him introducing us, maybe I do vaguely. His sister is a member of the same Alumnae Sorority I just joined. Well anyway this past Saturday I was advising the undergrads at homecoming tailgate and he walked by me and I said "If you walk past me and don't even speak my feelings will be hurt" and we started talking. We talked off/on at the tailgate, we exchanged numbers again and talked later that night. I am not sure if I am interested in him, but I will say he has been on my mind. The past week, we talked on Saturday for a while on the phone after I left the tailgate, didn't talk to him on Sunday, I wake up Monday morning to a text from him that says "Happy bday quez". WTF??? So I think on this for a minute and thinking didn't we talk about me not being a morning person and why would he send this to ME? So I figured maybe this was a hint and later that day I sent him a text that said "Happy Birthday". And later on that night I called him. Well he didn't answer. So Tuesday comes and I go to court and come back to find I have a missed call from him, I call him back and get no response. Well Tuesday comes and goes and Wednesday I have a pretty shitty day at work, and so I get home I call him to see what is going on, he answers and talks my head off. He tells me he got my call but he was in Mississippi, where he goes to school (he is working on his PhD) and that he leaves there early in the morning to come back for work. I tell him I didn't want anything just to give him hard time about sending me a text for Que's, was this some hint and he says YES!!! Well we talk and I tell him about my shitty day and we talk and we get off the phone. Well this morning I wake up at like some random time in the morning toss and turn in my bed go to the kitchen and her my phone ring, I have a text. I look at my clock and its 4:39 in the a.m. now normally I would be dead to the world but i am up. So I send him a message back saying "how did you know I was up" he responds "I listen and pay attention". I thought that was really weird. So I don't know about this guy. I think he still thinks of me as the sweet little girl from college, I don't know if I am even that person anymore. I mentioned earlier that he talks, this dude talks my head off. But its good cause I don't have to say much but I am not sure if its okay because I listen to people all day.

1 comment:

Not so Anonymous said...

sometimes a second time around is the best time, but sometimes it's a huge mistake. I say, just enjoy the ride and see where it takes you.

Oh Yeah, you've been tagged!! Sorry, but i had to do it :)