Thursday, January 8, 2009

An empty testimonial experience....

Okay that is just a phrase I heard in court yesterday and I liked it. So what's going on? It's a new year, happy new year to all. Today is my cousin's 20th birthday. So whats going on with me, nothing much. I am proud to say that I have done some activity in an effort to bring sexy back. On Sunday night I did some bedtime stretches, that Monday morning I walked a block in my neighborhood and that night I did some ab and baked fish with mash potatoes and carrot ( i know that sounds like a nasty combo) it was alright, I need to cook the carrots cause I had open the package already. Tuesday, I did some yoga after church, Wednesday I stayed in court all day, I didn't get out until like 6:30 (hence the title, it sums up my day) I was so tired when I got home I was in my bed for 8 pm. This morning I got up around 6 am and walked a block in my neighborhood and got to work early (actually its what time I should get here, but never do). Now I have eaten lunch and blogging. I have a hair appoint cause YO' GURL needs some chemicals.

Okay so how was every one's holiday. I think the last time we talked was around Christmas Eve. Well I left work around 11 am (cause my boss left and I didn't see the need in staying if the "the man" wasn't here). Hung out with my family, did church and a movie on Christmas. Saw 7 pounds, I am not really sure how I feel about it. For those that haven't seen it take some tissue and for those that have please let me know what you thought. My mother and I did somethings around the house pack up Christmas being one of the things, we donated somethings to the Providence House (shelter for the needy), put up a third bed in the spare room in the house, I cleaned up a bit, I even went through some boxes of stuff she had taken out of storage it was stuff from high school (like my old cheer leading uniform, which I didn't even attempt to try on), I ran across old photos, but the one that got me was one from Girls State. I so didn't look like myself, I was crackhead skinny. I had on some Adidas (the soccer style tennis), the big socks that were slouched down (cause I thought they made me looking kinda sporty) some jean shorts and a t-shirt and a hat (Girl State issued of course). It was to funny and kinda sad, not sure where all this body came from that i have now but YO' Gurl is working on it.

Well that Tuesday my mother came back "home" with me and we did a little shopping I needed to pick up somethings from wal-mart cause I told one of the guys at church that i would bake him a cake (sour cream pound cake) for Wednesday. I thought my church was having watch nite but they weren't so I ended up going to church on Tuesday for media ministry's hour of prayer (just for the record I don't sing or pray out loud), so i read the scripture and prayed to myself. On Wednesday I made an appearance at work and then had lunch with one of my colleagues so that she could meet my mother. It was great, after we went church that evening for testimony service and then to the house. I had a party that night, in my neighborhood. It was really cool, I LOVE MY NEIGHBORHOOD, hopefully one day the Lord will place me enough to by a place in my neighborhood. We had what is called a progressive party, hors d' oeuvres at on person's house, then main course at another house, then dessert at another and then to the Capitol to ring the bell to bring in the new year. I meet people in the neighborhood it was really good. We rang in the new year and I am happy to announce that it was all in walking distance and I did it alcohol free. I am happy to report I have not had a drink since July 08' now if I can only make it through mardi gras.

The next day we went out and did a little shopping, I am also happy to announce that YO' GURL can now purchase her bra's at Lane Bryant and not some random specialty shop. (plus they have sales and coupons). I bought my mother a digital camera and the portable printer and do you know what she had the nerve to say "I guess now I can start looking for my flat screen", ABSOLUTELY NOT. A flat screen is not in the current budget, I have a trip to Vegas that is the next major "purchase" in the budget. She better go sit down somewhere, and this is why I am not rushing on the kid front I have a grown ass child on my hands....my lil' girl.

Well as for my new year's resolutions I only made one and that is to "DO BETTER", which means I am gonna do better than I did last year and the first thing on my list is, I am going to Austin to visit a friend from college during MLK weekend (no its not in the budget but I will make it work----now if you all don't hear from me in a while you know they don' gon' and turnt my letric' off...LOL!! no but seriously. I am doing better.

I guess I will stop chatting with you on the man's time take care.

1 comment:

Not so Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!! I'm glad you enjoyed your time with your mom.

I saw 7 pounds and I liked it. I must say I was a bit surprised by the ending...I didn't think he would go through with it. My favorite part was when she looked into woody harrelson's eyes at the end..I thought I was going to cry my eyeballs out.

ooohh VEGAS!! That sounds fun. I am going to get over there this year for sure.

Are not drinking for health reasons or just because you want to stop drinking...girl there's nothing wrong with a glass of wine a few times a week...if there is, I'm in loads of trouble...lol.

OH yeah, congrats on getting your exercise in...good luck and keep doing better!