Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The down side of Government Employment

Let me first say, I am truly thankful for my job. I enjoy what I do and the people I work with (for the most part).

So I am sitting at my desk planning my escape. Now there are some ups and downs of government employment, today would be the now...WHY IN THE HELL AM I AT WORK ON CHRISTMAS EVE...what productivity do they think is gonna happen today. So far i got to work late, paid my bills (cause they deposited my check early), feed my face, sign some affidavits and help one person with a ticket, ugh yeah and I have done that in like an hour. I mean I could actually do some more work, but WHY...its Christmas Eve and I am trying to get to my mama. (did i mention she is coming back with me).

So yesterday I left work supper early (perk of government employment), and went home and washed clothes, had a balanced meal (meatloaf, carrots, green beans and mash potatoes), cleaned my house (swept my floors and porch and stairs), washed the locks (now I have bouncing curls, we will see how long that lasts), packed and talked to my family on the phone. O I just thought about something I need to do. return some movies (I may not because they are in my car and if i go to my car i am leaving). So I just renewed them and i will return them when i get back. (yeah i know that's lazy).

What else as i was paying bills and writing checks I realized i am going home with only check I could run home and get some more and pay my rent and maybe even drop of these darn movies, but nope. my low fuel light is on and it says i can go like 43 more miles that's more than enough to get across the bridge and get some gas. Mind you I could walk to my house, but I ain't. I think i am going to go look at my boss and be like "do you need me"?

Other than that I am kinda excited about going home and being with my peeps. so i will talk to you all later....going to see if i can give my boss the look and see if he will send me home.


God Bless...Merry Christmas!!!!!

2 comments:

Serenity3-0 said...

Hope you are having a great Christmas with your mommy!

Serenity3-0 said...

Hope you are having a great Christmas with your mother.