Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas revisited.

I really want to be consistent about my blogging but its just so hard. I have started teaching a new class but we have a 2 week winter break, good in that breaks are always good and bad in that this would have been only the second week and now the class will go into March. Today was a pretty good day. Guess what, my "lil girl" (my mother) is going to come and visit me. I know that sounds crazy but my mother doesn't travel. I think in college she only came when it was time to pick me up or time to drop me off. She did surprise me once when I was getting an award (another surprise) in college. She and my boyfriend at the time concocted this little scheme. Well the plan is for me to go home on Christmas Eve, I am going to take Monday and Tuesday off (half a day) that my payback for coming to work in the snow and she is gonna stay, Tuesday Wednesday and go to my progressive New Year's Eve party and to church with me, then Thursday who knows what we will do and Friday I have to work and then I am taking her back home. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I have been here since March and she has yet to visit me.

So back to Christmas. Aretha blogged about some of her Christmas memories. I have several but the 2 that stick out the most are one when I was little and my parents were still together, my grandparents (dad's parents) came over and brought me my first toy box it was red and white I remember piling that thing full of toys. I remember my aunts being, it was so good. My other memory was while I was in college. My mother had one of her employee staying with us that night because she and her son were going to Church with us. I remember she joined church and I stood up front with her. We then went to my play aunts house and open gifts and my mother even had gifts for the girl and her son. I just remember feeling so complete that Christmas, don't really remember what I got, but I just remember filling whole, like I had everything in the world, like if I had died then I would die happy. I think that is why I don't like Christmas, in addition to my mother is a bit overwhelming. I have never had the feeling since....maybe that's what I am in search for a feeling of completeness.

What else is going on. Its cold here and I don't like it, give me 80 degree weather little or no humidity (one can dream its the south humidity year round) and I am a happy camper. Why can't I wear shorts for Christmas (maybe cause I don't own any that should be worn outside the house). Its suppose to warm up to 65 tomorrow.

I am suppose to back a sour cream pound cake for one of the guys on the media ministry, I hope I don' t forget. Have I told you all that I joined the media ministry. The hot guy with the dreads, his schedule has changed so he has to work on Sunday and I haven't been making it consistently to church in the A.M.

Do you know last Friday I got to work at 8:15 and my body wasn't right all weekend. Speaking of the weekend, I went Christmas shopping. I was suppose buy my mother's gifts, and 4 others. I gave myself a talking to (this is all your fault, you know when Christmas is, it never changes 12/25 all the time, so no attitude just go and do your shopping). I was very productive I got my mother what she wanted plus some more Christmas crap, black angels ornaments, a black Santa cookie jar, i lil black girl Christmas singing and some other stuff. My mother believes in having stuff that look like us in the house and as much as a bitch about it, it makes her happy so that's why I do it. and now that i don't live with I am liberated from Christmas.

I think that is enough for now. sorry i didn't have a focus just some randomnesses from me

Happy Holidays if you don't hear from me before the new year.

2 comments:

Not so Anonymous said...

Ok...so much to address in your post.

1. I wish you could find that feeling of wholeness again...Christmas always makes me feel that way.

2. Shorts on Christmas, now that's just WRONG :) on every level. You should have on a cute coat, fab scarf and some banging boots...lol.

3. I'm glad your mommy likes Christmas and I love the black christmas decorations. My mom decorated that way as well. I'll decorate with anything Christmas, I don't care if the Santa is purple..lol.

Have fun with you mom. Merry, Merry Christmas!!!!!

Freespeech22 said...

I am gonna pray on it, it was so unexpected. I actually don't wear shorts but I could do short sleeves and a cute skirt. I hate being cold, though the outfit you just put together sounds hella cute. (only for fashion not for weather). you are out of control with the Christmas decorations.

Have a great Christmas as well.