Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Coming full circle

I have been meaning to blog, especially about this past weekend.

So Friday I go see Angela Davis, Saturday I go to a investiture, Sunday I go to Roe v. Wade celebration, Monday I baked lasagna, and today I went to my bosses father's funeral. I think my approach to this blog will be day by day.

Friday
It was a busy day so I thought it would be, I planned on going to work, leaving work around 1:30 and going on campus to hear Angela Davis speak for MLK, picking up my dry cleaning and coming home wash my hair or wash clothes get up and go out (yes I said go out) and hear the New Birth Brass Band from New Orleans. Well instead my day went like this. I did go to work, I left around1:45 got to campus couldn't find a parking spot, made a parking spot and rushed in to hear Angela Davis speak. I remember thinking her speech was full circle she went from Barak to MLK, to the civil rights march really being the freedom march a killing that happened in Oakland, back to MLK's dream not being fulfilled by Obama and everything in between. While there I ended up standing next to one of my facilitators from the Race Dialogue. She asked if I could sign up for the advanced session that she was facilitating. Of course I said sure, even though I have already signed up for a course with the library that will be going on, on the same day. The advanced class is from 5:30- 7:30 and the library class is from 7-9, I have no ideal how I am going to work this out. But I want to do both. Well after I left campus I picked up my dry cleaning I spent over $50 on dry cleaning, I guess that isn't that bad since may be the 3rd or 2nd time I have been to the dry cleaners since I moved hear in March. After that I came home and decided I need to go to the bank. One thing about where I leaving I can pretty much walk anywhere. So I walked to a service center for my credit union (maybe a block or 2 away). I had to get some exercise in some way. I came home and decided I need a nap. Well that was that for going out cause once I got up I talked to my BFF all night and went back to bed. Oh, I forgot to mention I brought cheesecake to my job (2 that i made a plain one and a caramel one).

I will do another blog for Saturday.

1 comment:

Not so Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!! email me your facebook info.

Angela Davis?!?! That's awesome.