Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Random Thought and Question

Is there something wrong with me.

I was talking with one of my friends and we were trying to figure out our next trip. I am the ultimate planning (its almost OCD) and my friends call me there travel agent. So anyway we were shooting the shit about our next excursion and I suggested we meet in Baton Rouge and go the the LSU v. Arkansas game then go down to New Orleans and do Bayou Classic. So I called my friend who works for Arkansas Athletic to see if she could get tickets and how much, she responds $50 a piece, then I check on Classic Tickets those are $50 a piece, then I looked at the hotel it was like $200 a night. So being the "goof" that I am I started looking at the budget and thinking how much would I need to really enjoy myself and not be penny pinching (which makes for a bad trip) so I decided to cancel the trip, cause I could move my numbers around to accommodate my budget and a budget for this trip.

The problem....sometimes I get so focus on being fiscally responsible that I lose focus. I don't do anything. Like when I was paying all my credit cards off and getting my credit in line, I went into to financial anorexia. I think I need help, if I spend money that I didn't budget for I get sad and depressed. Where is the happy medium.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came here via Serenity's blog. I just wanted to say welcome to the blog world and GO ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serenity3-0 said...

Of course you can't ask me... LOL! I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum.. SPend, spend spend and then worry later.. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Hey, saw your message in my comments. Didn't know you were from Arkansas. I'm not from Little Rock but have been living here since 2001 after I graduated from UCA. I grew up in Newport, AR. Pretty sure you never heard of it b/c it's a small town. It's about 45 minutes from Jonesboro.